5 Brilliant Tips from Content Marketing Experts
Content marketing continues to be one of the most effective ways to market a product, service or brand. When done well, the results can be astonishing. While Marketing Practitioners around the globe have embraced content marketing, there are still many who fear it. To help build your case, here are 5 brilliant tips from Content Marketing Experts.
1. “…the most critical part of a successful content marketing program is building your audience….Without the audience, we cannot drive revenue of any kind.” @JoePulizzi
2. “By distributing your content by platform, chances are you’re overlooking opportunities that can significantly enhance the breath and quality of your potential audience. Instead, focus on getting your message to the influencers and people who can amplify your message by sharing it with their networks.” @HeidiCohen
Remember to help you build your audience, your information should not be overly promotional. Your are building a relationship. “Use the 80/20 rule. Share 8 pieces of content for every 2 promo-type pieces.” (Click to Tweet! Thanks!)
3. “The role of the marketing department is evolving. To deliver tangible value to your organization the marketing department needs to shift from being creators of marketing campaigns to creators of stories. But, the best story telling usually comes from employees and customers.” @BernieBorges
4. “PR is about reaching your audience. There are many more ways to do that than just via the media: Great website content, YouTube videos, blog posts, ebooks, charts, graphs, photos, a Twitter feed, a presence in Foursquare, Instagram, and so much more.” David Meerman Scott (@dmscott)
5. “Professional services firms often worry that providing content will enable customers to DIY and prevent them from hiring the company. I have been a consultant for most of the past 25 years, and I can tell you first-hand that if a prospective customer is genuinely weighing the option of doing it themselves or hiring you, that is NOT a customer you want.” @jaybaer
These are just five great quotes and sources. What would you add to this list?