https://www.taylormadecanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/logo-no-dots-720x177.png 0 0 Heather-Anne MacLean https://www.taylormadecanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/logo-no-dots-720x177.png Heather-Anne MacLean2014-05-01 08:50:012014-05-01 08:50:0125 Stats, Numbers & Tidbits for Digital Marketers
25 Stats, Numbers & Tidbits for Digital Marketers
Marketers and researchers love numbers, data and insights. So here are a 25 numbers, stats and tidbits of interest for Digital Marketers.
- More than a Billion Users
- 55% of daily users are using mobile
- 59% of ad revenue is from ads on mobile devices
- 65% of interaction with content is still done on desktops
- There are more than 3.9 billion email addresses worldwide. That number is expected to grow to 4.9 within three years (source)
- According to one survey 84% of people shop online regularly and 27% are willing or very willing to receive promotional email (source)
- 77% of the online shoppers who’ve signed up to receive promotional emails reported that they are more likely to purchase items online or in store if emails feature products based on their shopping habits and preferences (same source as previous line)
- If you want to drive engagement, Youtube is your channel. Research has shown that Youtube drives the most engaging traffic with most time spent on site, the most pages/visit (2.99) and the lowest bounce rate at 43.19%
- Think you are cool doing selfies? Think again. Just under 50% of Americans under the age of 34 think selfies are uncool and 77% of people over 35 think that posting selfies is uncool.
Social Media and the Fortune 500 (source )
- The good news is that the use of social media by Fortune 500 companies grew to 88% this year.
- LinkedIn remains platform of choice.
- Facebook saw a resurgence increasing back to 84% use.
- Twitter use grew by 7% and is seen to have the most potential for sales growth.
- Sadly monitoring a brand’s name, products and brand however has lost traction – with such incidents as US Air inappropriate tweet, it will be interesting to see if this will change throughout the year.
- 75% of executives said they used original or reposted content for their social media channels.
- According to the report, 59% of companies monitor its brands, products or company name in the social media space, down from 70% in 2010. A lack of monitoring, suggests the report, could have consequences for companies given the potential for viral communications social media presents.
- At the end of 2013, 77% of Americans own at least one HDTV and 46% have multiple HDTV.
- sales are expected to hit Sales To Hit $57.8 Billion In 2014.
- Did you know that 65% people say free information remains the most important attribute when selecting an information source to search for a local business.
- Free content was followed by being able to trust a source at 59%.
- Getting timely information came in third at 58%.
- And relevant content came in fourth at 54%.
- And strangely enough providing the correct amount of information came in next at 44%.
- The ability to get more detailed information was the sixth most important at 41%.
- And finally offering advertising free came in last at 41%.
Want to learn even more? Sign up for our newsletter at TaylorMade Solutions (insert “newsletter” into inquiry box)