After starting out in Reid Hoffman’s living room in 2002 and officially launched on May 5th, 2003, the results are not too shabby. Let’s take a look at the highlights:
- After one month, LinkedIn had a membership network of 4,500.
- LinkedIn operates the world’s largest online professional network on the with more than 300 million members.
- LinkedIn is used in over 200 countries and territories.
- 67% of LinkedIn members are located outside of the United States.
- Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second.
- The fast growing demographic is students with over 39 million (students and recent college graduate.
- LinkedIn is currently available in 22 languages:
- Simplified Chinese
8. LinkedIn has continued to evolve to offer products/services that professionals seek – for example a publishing forum for all users.
9. If you include a photo with your profile, you are 11 times more likely to have your profile viewed.
Executives from ALL Fortune 500 Companies are on LinkedIn.
10. There are more than 1.5 million unique publishers actively using the LinkedIn Share button on their sites to send content into the LinkedIn platform.
11. More than 3 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages.
With the increase in use and importance of LinkedIn for your personal brand, your corporate brand, have you thought about what your LinkedIn Profile looks like? If you haven’t, you should and we can help. For more information on LinkedIn Audits, contact us.