https://www.taylormadecanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/logo-no-dots-720x177.png 0 0 Heather-Anne MacLean https://www.taylormadecanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/logo-no-dots-720x177.png Heather-Anne MacLean2014-06-09 14:51:052014-06-09 14:51:0535 Life Lessons I Learned from My Father
35 Life Lessons I Learned from My Father
With Fathers’ Day only days away, I couldn’t help to think about my father. I only got to spend 11 Fathers’ Days with him, but during that short time, I learned a lot from him. So, I thought I would deviate from my normal blog posts to share this one in memory of my father.
Here are my top 35 life lessons:
- Life Really is too Short – don’t waste time being angry and resentful.
- Respect yourself – if you don’t, no one else will.
- Don’t let anyone tell you can’t do something because they have a limited vision.
- Treat everyone with respect – regardless of age, race, religion, colour, language, or social standing. Every human being deserves to be treated with respect.
- Pets are members of the family – love them, protect them and treat them well.
- Have values, morals and ethics.
- Learn how to live according to your values, morals and ethics as everywhere you turn, they will be challenged.
- When you see someone who needs help, stop and help them.
- Don’t let fear hold you back.
- While you can’t choose your family, they are the only family you have. Be good to them – always.
- Believe in something – anything, but believe in and feel good about it.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. Sometimes things look far better than they really are.
- Be truthful all the time, not just when it is convenient.
- Think before you speak.
- Learn to listen.
- Always keep learning.
- Laugh often.
- Learn to laugh at yourself.
- Never go to bed angry.
- Respect your elders
- Learn to make decisions.
- Keep promises.
- Forgive, but don’t forget.
- Remember where you came from.
- Be true, faithful and loving to your spouse.
- Be on time.
- If you are going to drive fast, be a good driver and have your car in good condition – always.
- Protect those who can’t protect themselves.
- Don’t be a know it all – those people are annoying.
- When negotiating for anything, don’t let them know how badly you want it or how much you need it.
- You don’t need to step on people to succeed, but remember people will want to step on you, just beware.
- Be good at something, but have many skills.
- Learn how to say no and stay the course.
- Have fun.
- And my favourite: just because you are a girl, never let anyone hold you back. You can be and do whatever you want to.
To all the Fathers, past, present and future, have a wonderful Fathers’ Day!
If you like this post, feel free to connect with me on Twitter: @MacLeanHeather
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] 3. 35 Life Lessons I Learned from My Father […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!